Funeral Home // Vera 7”
This is the kind of music to get lost in. I was sent these tracks a couple days ago by a guy named Taylor MacKillop who creates music under the name Funeral Home. Now if you’re assuming that a name like Funeral Home is an indication of dark music then you’d be dead (heh) wrong. In fact I get an unexplained warm feeling when I listen to his music. Stylistically the music borrows from shoegaze, drone, and I might even hear a little Smashing Pumpkins in there. He has a talent for creating a wall of noise with nothing but thick guitar distortion and simple drum beats. It’s a great sound, but where Taylor really surprised me was lyrically.
On the title track “Vera” Taylor quotes a passage from I Corinthians 13. “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.” Now I don’t know what your religious affiliation might be, but there is alot of truth in that one verse. It’s not something that I expected to find in the music of a guy who calls himself Funeral Home. Altogether these two tracks feel very weighty. The music is something to be digested not just played once and then forgotten. So hit up his bandcamp for some free downloads. It’s well worth your time.
blog comments powered by Disqus
- valenzuelaki09 likes this
- mckelvey631 likes this
- wantyou8 likes this
- the-shadow-beast reblogged this from poorbilly
- the-shadow-beast likes this
- subduralhematoma likes this
- poorbilly reblogged this from cactus-mouth
- audioheidi likes this
- a-hayden reblogged this from surfsiberian
- surfsiberian reblogged this from cactus-mouth and added:
- surfsiberian said: haha fuck yeah! Taylor MacKillop iz my dood.
- surfsiberian likes this
- travels- likes this
- kalamitat likes this
- jamzzz likes this
- eerecords likes this
- brohloff likes this
- mhisadj reblogged this from cactus-mouth
- mhisadj likes this
- cactus-mouth posted this