Hits Incorporated // “Stranger”
Here is a brand-spanking-new track that I literally just got in my mailbox. I would’ve saved it for later, but it’s fantastic so hopefully it will make your day a little better just like it did mine. It was born out of the Cats Purring Dude Ranch and is apparently the first track from a new Cats Purring supergroup called Hits Incorporated.
Now, the identities of the group’s members are unknown at this time (other than the painfully obvious crooning of pop mastermind Dent May), but one thing is for certain: this track is further evidence that those Southern dudes know what it means to pen a true pop song. Pulling hooks from an ambiguously funky era gone by, the track possesses the faux suave swagger of a gold chain on a hairy chest.
blog comments powered by Disqus
- leadustothedark reblogged this from cactus-mouth
- thedailydoodles likes this
- rhythmicceremonialritual reblogged this from cactus-mouth and added:
- jamzzz likes this
- rhythmicceremonialritual likes this
- trumanpeyote likes this
- theleavingscene likes this
- headunderwater said: i approached this track cautiously based off the last one
- headunderwater likes this
- cactus-mouth posted this